MISC

Yo-Yo Tavarez goes against Arizona and he must be knowing that his time is limited with Jon Lester in AAA. Lester had a rough outing going through 70 pitches and not getting through 3 innings for the Paw Sox. With Tavarez headed to the bullpen, the Sox have the luxury of having more arms than they have room for right now. With Mike Timlin back, JC Romero had to go out and he has been designated for assignment (no one in their right mind would send down Javier Lopez right now--he has been great). Romero has been wild lately, and his delivery is one of the most ugly mechinations I have seen on the mound. While I like the Sox having three lefties in the pen, Romero has easily been the weakest link. The big question mark is who goes when Lester comes up.

* * *

Does Clemens going against Pittsburgh count as a minor league tune-up? I give him until July 4th until the hammy pops.

* * *

Yankees win five in a row--and they are still double-digit games back.

* * *

Not much to report on the Red Sox draft. Picking so low, they could only hope for some solid picks and hopefully a big money man dropping. Was surprised they did not take a waiver on the local kid going to Stanford, but I can understand the need to go get someone who will report to the minors. I was actually hoping Brackman would drop to the Sox, but the Yankees scooped him up at 29. Arrgh!

* * *

I do not know about anyone else, but I have had enough of these West Coast games. My body needs SLEEP!!!

* * *

Comments