SOMETIMES YOU GUESS RIGHT

Here is a random nugget of wisdom I stumbled across. Check out what I wrote in August:
When did Daunte Culpepper ever do anything without Randy Moss lining up at wide
receiver? Did the Dolphins trade for Moss and I somehow missed it? Daunte will
find it quite daunting to throw off his surgically repaired knee to the
maddeningly inconsistent pair of Chris Chambers (I know how maddening his
production is, I have been drafting him in fantasy football for years!) and
Farty Marty Booker (yikes!). I respect Nick Saban as a coach, but Culpepper and
Joey Harrington are neither THE answer the Dolphins were looking for nor are
they capable of leading a team with an aging defense and barely adequate
offensive line to the playoffs.
Miami going to the Super Bowl? Hah! That is right, read here for the best prognostications available on the web (just ignore the NFL picks from last week. I was, uhh, drunk or something. Yeah, that is it. Too much Buttershots. Yeah, that is what it was. Watching Shannon Sharpe and Sterling Sharpe rotted my brain. Yeah, that is what it was).

* * *

Making this a theme: Check out this prescient thought from the middle of August:

For the Yankees, it is if Mussina bounces back, Johnson can be consistent, and
Cory Lidle keeps forgetting he is Cory Lidle. Watching Jared Wright is for
Yankees fans like watching Byung-Hyun Kim pitch for the Red Sox in the
not-so-distant past: game-to-game you have no ideas if he is going to give you
five solid innings (and pray they pull him before he falls apart) or if he gives
up eight runs in the first inning. Forget the Yankees fantasy line-up, the
biggest fear for the Pinstripes in August and September is if Chien-Ming Wang
falters, the season is basically over for New York. Wang is the Yankees number
one starter. As odd as that seems, he is the key down the stretch.

Sure, the Wanger held up, but I was dead-on about that crappy starting rotation holding back the Pinstriped Demons.

* * *

Of course, anyone who knows me knows that I am an idiot. But it is nice to be right twice in my life!

* * *

Comments