Various Ramblings

Oh God help me last out the preseason NFL blather as the local and national media fight to bury the Patriots...

1. OK, somehow Matt Cassell remains a Patriot. Well, if Tom Brady went down I think 3rd round pick Kevin O'Connell would end-up starting the next game anyway. Of course, if the offensive line keeps Tom Brady upright for 16 games, the Patriots are good for 12 or 13 wins.

2. I love how the media has spent the past three or four years bitching about the Pats being old and slow at linebacker and cornerback, and now that they are bringing in an infusion of youth, they are criticized for being inexperienced at those positions. OK, let's see a few games and then decide if they are up for the challenge.

3. Umm, the Sox will catch the Rays for first in the AL East. You heard it here first.

4. For my money, I'd take Kevin Youkilis, Dustin Pedroia, Jed Lowrie and Mike Lowell over Jason Giambi, Robby Cano, Derek Jeter, and A-Rod. Exactly.

5. Yeah, I really, really regret the Sox letting Pedro Martinez, Johnny Damon, Mark Bellhorn, Derek Lowe, and Trot Nixon get away. Sorry, just wanted to see if I could say that with a straight face.

6. My fantasy football team is a little weak this time around: QBs: Derek Anderson & David Garrard; RBs: Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Deangelo Williams, and Deuce McAllister; WRs: Torry Holt, Roy Williams, Laverneus Coles, and Isaac Bruce; TEs: Chris Cooley and Donald Lee; K: Shayne Graham; Defense: Pittsburgh and Arizona.

Nope, just not feeling it with that roster this year.

Comments