Here is where you find the random thoughts, caffeine-fueled rants, "smacking the dashboard and screaming at radio hosts" diatribes, and bizarre observations that pop into my head and are not worthy of a full post:
- Drunk Jays Fans - http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/ - - This is a great blog. Granted, the poor bastard is a Toronto Fan in the A.L.East ruled by the free-spending Steinbrenners', Disciples of Joe Maddon (does he have his own religion in Tampa yet?), and my sisters of the poor here in Boston. But any blog with a WADE BOGGS HEAD prominently displayed earns my instant respect. (And the Jays are coming. Beware fellow Red Sox fans: Toronto is miles ahead of Baltimore in terms of possibly competing for 3rd place and on the rise!)
- Hard to believe I used to mock the Bruins regularly for not attempting to even compete for a championship and the hearts (and WALLETS!) of the fan base. Now, my son even knows half the roster and recognizes Brad Marchand in some horrible hockey wholesale place commercial.
- Getting anxious here in Celtics viewership-land here, Danny Ainge. Mighty anxious. Just sayin'...
- Why Chad Finn at the Boston Globe rocks, reason # 1,568: His tweet after the Scutaro trade: "At age 20, Bobby Valentine hit .340 with a .910 OPS in Triple A. His position was shortstop. As far as I'm concerned, Scutaro's job is his."
- Speaking of my man Marco, now that he has been traded, does that mean I have to change my fantasy baseball team name from "Scu-Scu-Scutaro"?
- Also, who the heck plays shortstop now? Mike Aviles?
- What did the Red Sox get for Scutaro? Clay Mortensen: A 26 year-old former pitching prospect, aka roster filler. Yes, it was an official salary dump.
- Dear Red Sox Management, This is a work in progress, no?
- I want to go on record to say that my prediction is that Wes Welker will have a HUGE game against Baltimore in the AFC Championship Game. As in un-coverable, playoff-record shattering stats, and be the key to a big win on Sunday.