Lots of topics to touch on, so to paraphrase Jimy (Hendrix, not former Sox Manager Jimy Williams!): Roll over Rover, and let Hal B. take over!
* Hey, where are all those "J.D. Drew sucks" idiots on WEEI from last year? Damn right, I've been cheerleading J.D. from day one. Funny how that sweet stroke shuts up the bozos when its dropping in and he's hitting .350.
* Outside of Arizona, has any team looked World Series ready in Major League Baseball this season? By the way, right now I'd say Brandon Webb is edging ahead of Jake Peavy as the best pitcher in the National League. The best pitcher no one knows right now is Webb. Of course, it oculd be worse, imagine being a San Francisco Giants fan knowing that Barry Zito is taking up a big part of the salary pie.
* Big Papi needs love, not jeers.
* Red Sox - Yankees: You know, a few years ago, I used to be physically ill after a Sox loss to the Yankees. At this point, I just accept that the teams are going to split the season series 10-9, 9-10, 11-8, 8-11 or whatever and save the stress for October. Johnny Damon has certainly been forgotten in Boston, and has turned into yet another Mike Mussina, Bobby Abreau, Jason Giambi, and Hideki Matsui over-priced and under-performing bozo in the Big Apple.
* Pedro Martinez hurt again? For all the love Pedro got here in Boston, it is without a doubt karma that he is struggling so mightily in the Big Apple. All I need is to see Jason Lee in his Earl character talking about Pedro, Carson Daly, and karma. Yes, this is a great time to be a Sox fan.
* Jason Lee will always be Brodie to me, however. Mallrats: the most underappreciated movie ever. It was a comic masterpiece that the world was just not ready for in 1995. Ethan Suplee, also gaining fame as Randy in My Name is Earl, was staring at the picture as the great Willam in Mallrats and was actually quite pivotal in the plot in accidently allowing Silent Bob to use the Force to save the day.
* More on the draft as it approaches, but I doubt Bill Belichick is stupid enough to pass on Darren McFadden or Matt Ryan even though RB and QB are all set.
* OK, let's start the "Fire 'Claude the Clod' Julian" campaign for benching Phil Kessel in the playoffs. OK. Let me think, the Bruins are an offensively challenged team and I can think of maybe two players who can create their own shot and can take a puck at mid-ice and rush the net and score: Marc Savard and Phil Kessel. So I think it makes so much sense for the coach to bench one of those two guys because..why? He's not "Gritty" enough. OK, let me make an analogy to that. The Yankees make the playoffs and bench A-Rod and put in Morgan Ensburg at third base in the playoffs, because A-Rod is not "gritty" enough.
FullPressCoverage.com: New England Patriots’ Top 2019 NFL Draft Picks Show Evolution on Both Sides of the Ball
The New England Patriots may have tipped their hand with their first two 2019 NFL Draft picks. Choosing a bigger, more aggressive outside-...
Tonight (Thursday) I decided to watch yet another installment of the UEFA Champions league cup matches on ESPN. The first one of the week, a...
Mere minutes after lamenting the fact that Dennis & Callahan had nothing to talk about, here comes the crazy Mike Adams after the Big Sh...
Cover32: Bill Belichick is keeping fans guessing with his personnel decisions at tight end | New England PatriotsBill Belichick is keeping fans guessing with his personnel decisions at tight end | New England Patriots This year the Patriots’ depth char...